Sunday, 30 April 2017

My semester in Canada

Hey guys, I thought I would write a little blog post about my semester studying in Canada, last year. I went to Fredericton, New Brunswick from September to the middle of December. New Brunswick is on the east coast of Canada, and Fredericton is it's capital city. It was a beautiful place, especially in the autumn when the leaves were turning, and when it was snowing. I went to the university of New Brunswick, and lived on campus in the biggest house, which had about 200 people I think. It was mad, and there were a lot of things about living in that house that made me feel as if I was in an American movie. I had an amazing time, but I definitely missed home a lot, but I don't regret going for a second. 


Canadian cider is the one, and the pubs they had in Fredericton were really cool and what I imagined Canada to be like.







I had never heard of Poutine until I came to Canada, but it is amazing. And Smoke's Poutine was famous in New Brunswick for its massive range of toppings


The house I lived in on campus 



A doggo we met when doing a charity car wash during O week


The St John river




This place served the best burgers




Christmas tree shopping for the house


The snow came pretty late but when it did come it didn't stop



My first ice hockey game; it was college league but still really impressive. I'm now a follower of NHL and have been to some Elite league games in England.



Fredericton and it's natural side was beautiful and we went on an amazing walk one weekend and got so many nice photos of the trees and surroundings of the city.

The only regret I have is not taking the opportunity to travel Canada more, but it was still an amazing experience, although Canadian university and student life is very different to how it is in England. 

I might make a post on advice I have for anyone thinking of studying abroad or who will be studying abroad soon, let me know if this would be interesting to anyone.

Nikki 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Romwe.com

Hey everyone! Today I thought I would do something different to my first couple posts and do a review on the online store Romwe. I've s...